Jill Townsley is based in London
My work is often large in scale, installation or temporary, though the physical action applied to it's construction is generally excruciatingly repetitive. I am interested in the subjective results of repetitive action, such as ‘failure', ‘temporality', ‘erasure' and 'authorship'. Recent work has utilised time-laps animation or video, in the quest to reveal the repetition of process through time.
Qualifications and training
- 2010 Practice-based PhD, Liverpool University, Liverpool
- 1995 MA Sculpture, Royal College of Art, London
- 2009 Senior Lecturer in Contemporary Arts, Huddersfield University, .
- 2010 Moments of Repetition, The Nunnery Gallery, E3 2SJ
- 2004 Bristles, Balls and Brass, University of Hertfordshire Gallery
- 2009 Second Lives - Remixing the Ordinary, Museum of Art and Design, New York
Axis pages last updated 13/08/2011