Judith Alder is based in Eastbourne, South East
My practice as a visual artist responds to people, place and time. My work takes form through a bricolage of ideas, media and processes and ranges from carefully crafted artefacts and drawings to texts, photographs, videos and installation. At the heart of the work is an exploration of the world we live in and our uneasy relationship with it.
Qualifications and training
- 2010 MA Fine Art, University of the Arts London, Wimbledon College of Art
- 2003 BA Fine Art Printmaking (first class), University of Brighton, Brighton
- 2011 Organiser, Blue Monkey Network, Towner, Eastbourne
- 2012 The Visitor, Eastbourne Redoubt, Eastbourne
- 2010 Wanderings, The Rope Store Gallery, Quay Arts, Sea Street, Newport Harbour, Isle of Wight
- 2012 The Jerwood Drawing Prize 2012, Jerwood Visual Arts, Jerwood Space, London then touring to venues across the UK.
- 2011 Touch & Tell, Freud Museum, Maresfield Gardens, London
Axis pages last updated 05/03/2013