Katherine Hymers is based in Bury St Edmunds, Eastern
Hymers work is as much an ongoing exercise in looking and perception as it is a persistent interrogation of time as it operates on that perception.
The work is primarily lens based, in video and photography. Hymers utilises the body throughout the work as a presence and a tool, often exposing herself within the work.
- 2012 Requiem for a Spring Afternoon, BLOC Projects, Sheffield
- 2011 Untitled (Auburn), Arena Gallery, Midlands Art Centre, Birmingham
- 2009 *Periphery, YH845 Press & Gymnasium, Online
- 2008 Closer, ANTI Festival, Kuopio, Finland
- 2008 National Review of Live Art, Tramway, Glasgow
- 2009 Residency, Platform Garanti Contemporary Art Centre, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2008 Residency, Kunstwirkstoff, Jerxheim Bahnhof, Germany
Axis pages last updated 05/10/2012