Maggie Royle is based in Bristol, South West
I am interested in relationships between abstraction and figuration in painting.
I make paintings which take imagery from art historical and contemporary sources; alongside these I make abstract paintings.
My recent paintings ('Los azulejos - a tale that can't be told' and 'We may not be here tomorrow' series) make reference to Mexican sources, for example, photographs taken in Guadalajara.
Qualifications and training
- 2008 MA Fine Art, Bath Spa University, Bath, UK
- 2012 'Objects of Desire', The Searchers Contemporary, Bristol
- 2011 'No.1: Paint', Blank Media Collective, Manchester
- 2009 6 at the Octagon, Bath Fringe Festival, Bath
- 2009 MA and Other Postgraduates, Atkinson Gallery, Millfield, Somerset
- 2007 Exeter Contemporary Open, Exeter Phoenix, Exeter
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2010 Fringe MK Painting Prize 2010 (catalogue), Fringe Milton Keynes - online catalogue, facebook - Fringe MK
Axis pages last updated 01/05/2013