Julie Parker is based in Hook, South East
I am a sculptor and installation artist working on the theme of human traces.
My work is led by the traces that I find and the qualities of the materials which I use. These include dust, hair and tumble dryer lint.
Qualifications and training
- 2003 MA Fine Art - Drawing, Wimbledon School of Art
- 2012 'Surface disturbances'evidence of biological time-part 2, Searchers Contemporary, Bristol
- 2012 Drawing towards Sculpture, The Shop Gallery, Basingstoke
- 2012 Swept Away; Dust, Ashes and Dirt in Contemporary Art and Design, Museum of Arts and Design, New York
- 2003 Platform for Art, London Transport
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2009 Re-form prize winner, Kube, Poole, Lighthouse, Poole
- 2005 Work shown on Meridian TV
Axis pages last updated 30/05/2013