Adam King is based in London
My collages and installations incorporate a variety of materials including paint,magazine images,vinyl and fabrics to suggest fractured and dislocated surfaces and spaces.
Current works appropriate and reconfigure historical forms within scenarios and narratives that explore contemporary values.
I like to make works that suggest the epic and that have a cinematic quality.Within these panorama vignettes explore detail.
Qualifications and training
- 2001 MA Drawing, Wimbledon School of Art, London
- 1991 BA Hons Painting, Brighton University, Brighton,East Sussex
- 2013 Rollercoastervista, Westland Place Studios, London
- 2012 Fairy Acid Rainbow, Noman Rea Gallery,University of York, Yorkshire
- 2012 Rough Diamond Jubilee, Idea Store,Whitechapel, London
- 2010 Mudflats and Galaxy, Monika Bobinska Gallery, 242,Cambridge Heath Rd,London
- 2012 Remix:Selections from the International Collage Centre, Samek Art Gallery,Bucknell University (PA) and Tour, USA
Axis pages last updated 16/05/2013