Charlotte Squire is based in London
I make installation re-using objects from the urban domestic environment and incorporating illumination.
My practice explores the aesthetic life of mass produced objects, issues of taste and class, and differences of original and reproduction.
The site specific social groups of objects suggest poetic relationships between possible past narratives and future fictions.
- 2009 'Strange Fruit', Construct/deconstruct, curated Launch Collaborative, Oxford
- 2011 Mock Tudor, Transition Gallery offsite, London
- 2011 Housework, International 3, Manchester
- 2010 Material Actions touring exhibition, curated by Hannah Jones, Marianne Torrence (PCA), Clive Adams (CANNW), Brenda Millar & Amy Houghton (TFSW), Plymouth, Exeter, Bath, Bristol
- 2012 Pleonasmos, upstairs gallery, St Pauls Church Deptford, DeptfordX
- 2011 La-Di-Dah on 4th Avenue, Regeneration project funded Arts Council, & LB Lambeth
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2013 Arte Laguna, Arsenale, Venice
Axis pages last updated 05/04/2013