Alan Stones is based in Blencarn, Cumbria, North West
I work as a painter and printmaker, making oil paintings, charcoal drawings and lithographs.
'People' are at the heart of my work. I do depict nature too - but this is likely to be nature, either as a metaphor for human activities or nature very much affected by man.
- 2012 Alan Stones Lithographs, CREA, Penrith, Cumbria
- 2000 - 2006, Rheged, Penrith, Cumbria
- 2011 Ruth Borchard Self-Portrait Competition, Kings Place Gallery, London
- 2011 'Twelve', Rheged, Penrith, Cumbria
- 2011 Wrexham Print International, Oriel Wrecsam, Wrexham and touring
- 2008 'Jerwood Drawing Prize', Jerwood Space London, & touring
- 2007 'Stone Plate Grease Water' - International Contemporary Lithography, MOMA Wales, and touring
Axis pages last updated 27/11/2012