Colin Carruthers is based in Birmingham, West Midlands
I am primarily a studio-based painter. My paintings are a desire to capture something about the essence of what it feels like to be outdoors and emotionally connecting with the landscape and its surroundings.
I used an expressionist approach to painting and produce thick impasto oils on canvas.
Qualifications and training
- 1997 BA Honours in Fine Art, B'ham Institute of Fine Art, Margaret St, Birmingham
- 2012 Land, Sea and Sky, Purple Gallery, Bournville, Birmingham
- 2010 New Paintings, The Granary Gallery, Weston Park, Shropshire
- 2008 Landscapes, Seascapes and The Test Valley, Courcoux & Courcoux, Stockbridge, Hampshire
- 2006 At The Edges of the Land, Purple Gallery, Bournville, Birmingham
Axis pages last updated 09/06/2012