Suzanne Davies is based in Corsock, Castle Douglas, Dumfries & Galloway, Scotland
I am a painter. Engaging with place and locality slowly, in the sense that initial inspiration comes from walks and views from windows wherever I am.
I am interested in the way buildings sit in surroundings, local distictiveness, colour, pattern. Sometimes images remain insistent, points of departure for a series of paintings which signify a particular time and place.
Current and forthcoming events
- May - June 2013: SPRING FLING 2013 TASTERS EXHIBITION, Annan Museum & Art Gallery, Annan (more info)
- May - July 2013: ISLANDS & DREAMS, Designs Gallery, Castle Douglas (more info)
- May - August 2013: SUMMER GALLERY, THE SUMMER GALLERY, Castle Douglas (more info)
- May 2013: SPRING FLING 2013, Spring Fling 2013, Castle Douglas (more info)
- 2013 SPRING FLING TASTER EXHIBITIONS, Gracefield Arts Centre., Dumfries, Stranraer & Annan.
- 2011 DUMFRIESSHIRE DELINEATED, Gracefield Arts Centre, Dumfries, Dumfries & Galloway
- 2011 SUMMER PAVILION 1, New Ashgate Gallery, Farnham, Surrey
- 2012 LANDSCAPE. WITH BIRDS, Gallery at Caerlaverock, Caerlaverock WWT, Dumfriesshire
Axis pages last updated 07/05/2013