Gill Hobson is based in Barton, Eastern
Gill Hobson is a British artist, working independently and collaboratively across a range of different contexts and media.
With a background in glassmaking, light and space are key elements of her practice. Recent works investigate interplay between person and place, how it is understood, analysed, or indeed, constructed through art making, addressing the importance of environment in everyday experience.
Qualifications and training
- 2012 KED Research Associate, Site Gallery, Sheffield UK
- 2010 Doctoral Researcher in Contemporary Fine Art, Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield UK
- 2010 MA Contemporary Fine Art, Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield
- 2010 Negotiated Territories, SIA Gallery, Sheffield UK
- 2008 Gill Hobson, Ropewalk Contemporary Art & Craft, Barton upon Humber, North Lincolnshire
- 2006 Gill Hobson, National Glass Centre, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
- 2011 Arts & Wayfinding Strategy, The Ironstone Centre, NHS Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire
Axis pages last updated 21/05/2013