Kate Anderson is based in Kirkcudbright, Scotland
I am an artist who often uses the medium of mosaic to express my ideas.
I design and make wall pieces, screens and three-dimensional works which explore symbolic and imaginative themes in a thought provoking and original way.
I use paint, vitreous glass, ceramic, resin, gold and smalti in traditional and innovative combinations.
Qualifications and training
- 1999 City and Guilds Adult Learners Teaching Practise, Stage One, Cricket Road Education Centre, Oxford
- 1982 Post-Graduate Commonwealth Scholarship Award, Viswa Bharati University, School of Sculpture, Shantiniketan, West Bengal, India
- 1974 BA Fine Art Degree, Ist Class Honours, Maidstone College of Art and Design -School of Painting, Maidstone, Kent, UK
- 2000 Associate Learning Professional, Oxford College of Further Education, City Centre Campus Oxford
- 1974 Art Instructor, Dartford Girls Grammar School, Shepherds Lane, Dartford, Kent
- 2006 'Resurfacings' - Indoor themed mosaics, The University of Glasgow in Dumfries, Crichton Campus, Dumfries
- 2003 Recent Mosaic Work, Threave- National Trust House and Gardens, Castle Douglas, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland
Axis pages last updated 19/08/2010