Garry Martin is based in edenbridge, South East
I love daft objects that don't really make sense.
So I am a sculptor who likes to create beautiful and engaging works that make the viewer think again.
I manipulate familiar objects and use surface and illusion as tools to entice. I primarily use fibreglass and various resin techniques, often involving complex casting methods, to achive a high degree of quality.
Qualifications and training
- 1996 BA (Hons) Fine Art, University of Herts, Hertfordshire
- 2006 Royal Academy Summer Exhibition, Royal Academy, Piccadily, London
- 2005 Shortlisted artist for BBC2's 'The Apprentice' art episode, BBC TV
- 2005 Summer Exhibition, Royal Academy, Piccadily, London
- 2003 Selected for show in Selfridges window, Selfridges, Oxford Street, London
- 2004 Wall mounted stage backdrop, Strongroom Bar, Shoreditch, London
- 2002 Maker of Crusaid award for Sir Elton John, awarded at the Dorchester Hotel, London
Axis pages last updated 31/08/2012