Carol Sommer is based in Darlington, North East
I have a desire to be open to wonder and complexity, and at the same time a desire to understand. I enjoy the tension created through this approach.
Much of my work is driven by an interest in classification systems, especially the illuminations and absurdities that arise as a result of applying classification systems to existing bodies of information.
Qualifications and training
- 2005 MA (Hons) Fine Art Practice, University of Northumbria, Newcastle
- 2003 BA (Hons) Fine Art, Cleveland College of Art & Design, Middlesbrough
- 2012 Echo & Narcissus, Winterbourne House & Gardens, Birmingham
- 2012 Text & Context, Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge
- 2012 Black Prince Gray Prince, We Are Open, Middlesbrough
- 2011 A Library Is On Fire, Lime Street Gallery, Newcastle upon Tyne
- 2011 Unfinished Business, Wallington Hall, Northumberland
Axis pages last updated 09/01/2013