Rebecca Lowe is based in Leeds, Yorkshire
My work stems from an engagement with objects, specifically natural or hand-made, and the interfaces between object, space, light and time. The activity of looking is a fundamental part of this engagement.
I work in oils, in semi-translucent glazes on gesso or canvas, and pencil on paper.
Current and forthcoming events
- February - May 2013: Artists' Books: SMS Editions, Leeds College of Art, Leeds (more info)
Qualifications and training
- 2000 MA Fine Art (Studio practice and theory), Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds
- 1999 BA Hons Fine Art (1st Class), Leeds Metropolitan University, Leeds
- 2011 1m x 1m, The Bowery, Headingley, Leeds
- 2009 Drawn In, Sidcot Arts Centre, Winscombe, North Somerset
- 2009 Beaver Away, Central Library, Leeds
- 2008 Journey (open studio event), East Street Arts, Leeds
- 2006 New Trends in Painting Since 2000, LCB Depot, The City Gallery Offsite, Leicester
Axis pages last updated 14/01/2013