Morwenna Catt is based in Bradford, Yorkshire
Working between the UK and Norway, Morwenna Catt is a visual artist working across media, best known for her wall based and sculptural embroidered textile works. She creates narrative pieces that are playful with a dark, subversive edge.
She has exhibited widely; notably at the Museum of Art and Design in New York and Scope New York Art Fair.
- 2012 Birds: Elementals, The Linen Rooms, Lisburn, Northern Ireland
- 2011 Drawing with Thread, Shire Hall Gallery, Stafford
- 2008 Project DoDai, Galerija Škuc, Ljubljana, Ljubljana
- 2007 PRICKED: Extreme Embroidery, Museum of Arts & Design, New York
- 2010 Meanwhile...a Cabinet of Curiosities, Stockton Museum Service, Stockton-on-Tees
- 2012 Sculptural Bird Viewing commission (with Lucas Stephens), East Lindsey Council / Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust, Lincolnshire Coastal Grazing Marshes, Anderby Creek
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2011 Oppenheim John Downs Trust Memorial Award, John Downs Trust, London
Axis pages last updated 09/04/2013