Michael Pegler is based in Shrewsbury, West Midlands
A glyptic sculptor, specialising in the carved form, favouring full intersecting volumes that imply an interior logic or anatomy. Concerned with the analytic and synthetic distinction at work in the tense relation that exists between the potential of a subject to which a sculpture might refer and the sculptural potential of what might be called a self-referring object.
Qualifications and training
- 2004 MA Philosophy of Mind, Personhood and Political Theory, Open University, Milton Keynes
- 1978 BA Fine Art, Sculpture, West Surrey College of Art and Design (Now Surrey Institute), Farnham
- 2006 Summer Show, Sheridan Russell Gallery, 16, Crawford Street, London W1H 1BS
- 1991 Sculpture in the Cathedral - Hampshire Sculpture Trust, Winchester Cathedral, Winchester
- 2010 VAS-VESSEL, Basingstoke, Spencer Place
- 2007 Book Publication, "Dee and Don Inspiration", ISBN 978-0-9554293-0-9, May be ordered through high street stores and online.
- 2000 Newborn, Birmingham, Castle Vale
Axis pages last updated 07/09/2011