I work with fluid configurations of people, place and technology to investigate the interplay of mind, myth and screen. My practice is predominantly lens-based but also encompasses site-specific, son et lumière events in the public realm. The Voyage into the Unknown mystery tours and commissions from The Natural Trust and Bristol City Council involved significant audience participation and engagement of young people and local communities.
Between 2001-2006 I was principally engaged as strategic director of award winning media collective I Am The Mighty Jungulator. Our proprietary software drove inclusive research into generative audio-visual systems, innovative live performance, and commercial projects with partners such as The BBC, The Philharmonia Orchestra and Futurelab.
As my interests shifted from non-narrative, technology led projects towards more human-centered stories, I wrote and directed a narrative short film, which screened at 2008's Encounters Festival. In 2008, during a residency in rural Spain, I distilled core themes within my practice, and worked in the landscape to produce photographic work informed by the evanesence of life, and the meaning of love as conditioned by death.
- 2005 PAYP Generative Community Portraits, IATMJ, Connexions, Watershed, Bristol (more info)
- 2008 Expocision de Obras - 'El Processo', El Castillo, Alcala del Jucar, Albacete, Spain
- 2007 Open Studio, Mivart Street Studios, Bristol
- 2005 Dot Venue - Arts and Technology showcase, Arts Depot, Cybersalon, London (more info)
- 2007 Watch This Space, Engage, Arnolfini, Bristol
- 2004 Snowdownia Biodiversity Fair 04-08, Plas Tan y Bwlch, Wales (more info)
- 2008 'El Processo', Fundacion Karvaz, Alcala del Jucar, Spain
- 2005 In The Future You Will See, Meriton School for Young Parents, Bristol (more info)
- 2003 Matrix Reflective Practioner, PVA Medialab, ACE South West, Dorset (more info)
- 2002 LabCulture, PVA Medialab, Vivid Media Centre, Birmingham (more info)
- 2005 'Re-imagining Shostakovich', IATMJ, Colston Hall, Philharmonia Orchestra, Bristol (more info)
- 2005 IATMJ @Rotterdam International Film Festival, Exploding Cinema, Netherlands (more info)
- 2004 'Again Love Smashes Up My Mind', War Against Sleep, Fire Records,, MTV2 & VH1 (more info)
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2002 Matrix Reflective Practioner Bursary, ACE South West, PVA Medialab, Bridport, Dorset
- 2007 Project Neptune, National Trust, Heritage Lottery Fund, Dyrham Park, nr Bath, UK
- 2005 Voyage into the Unknown 2, ACE, PRS Foundation, BCC, Gloucestershire, UK (more info)
- 2003 Voyage into the Unknown 1, PRS Foundation, Watershed Media Centre, Bristol (more info)
Web links - gallery/work/projects
Web links - article/press