My work is concerned with how current technology, in particular the internet and social media, shapes and communicates identity.
Primarily, I am using the framework of frequently used and fashionable online applications that have audiences around the world. I use technologies such as smartphones, scanning, photography, animation, video, digital manipulation and drawing.
Important to my creative process is my personal history, which influences how I behave online with friends and family. I grew up in a post colonial South Africa with British parents of mixed faiths at the time of pre and post apartheid.
Other practice that informs my work include drawings that I make on smartphones, collections of random searches from Google, animations made on iPhone and iPad and drawings of people from appropriated images online.
- 2011 Tutor, City of Bath College, Bath
- 2013 MA AD, Walcott Street Chapel, Bath
- 2012 Journeys, Fringe Arts Bath, Bath
- 2010 Artist Teachers Scheme, Corsham Court, Corsham
- 2012 MFA Graduation Show, Bath Spa University, Bath