All things in life are connected and when events trigger change we work with it to see where it takes us. Nothing stays the same everything, everyone, all of life evolves.
The material and processes in this work give form to this activity. Each object reflects significant points within the creative journey.
My work is a reflection of my understanding of the world I live in, and the constant state of motion and evolution we are part of. (Merge/Diverge statement 2010)
I was interested in how the creative process, new findings and experiences can influence the work and can enhance or even create ideas.
I took the process of laminating clay and fused new objects with it. The movement and flow in the laminations and the folds and curves of the clay I see as a metaphor for a life journey. Each new experience or environment triggering change to this form evolving it and influencing it, the fusion of a new object creating new evolved forms.
I strive to embody a feeling of earth and nature in transit.
- 2011 Merge Diverge, Masters show, Aberystwyth Art Centre, Aberystwyth
- 2010 Intro Exhibition, Cardiff Design Week, Morgans Arcade, Cardiff
- 2009 Christmas Exhibition, Oriel Ynys Mon, Angelsey
- 2009 Summer Show, Oriel Ynys Mon, Angelsey
- 2008 Coeden/Trees Print Exhibition, Theatre Clwyd, Mold
- 2010 Merge/Diverge, Masters show, Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cardiff
- 2012 International Invitational Residency, Shaw International Center for Ceramics, Medalta Potteries, Medicine Hat, Canada
- 2012 Research and Work Development project, Cuenco Studios, Ecuador