Working primarily in video, printed processes and installation, I am interested in questioning through material means, the processes by which historical memory is constructed - how a society structures and institutionalises both collective memory and collective forgetting.
In my practice, I am engaged in searching out the ambiguous space in images and text between critical refection and nostalgia, presenting documents that despite their obsolescence hint at other, dormant ideologies or ways of being. My work is driven by research, a process which generates responses to archival materials and first hand testimonies of contested histories, creating visual and material reflections on the impossibilities of historical knowledge.
Qualifications and training
- 2015 PhD Fine Art (Practice-based), Northumbria University, Newcastle
- 2012 Master of Fine Art, Glasgow School of Art
- 2007 BA (Hons) Fine & Applied Art, First Class, University of Ulster, Belfast
- 2012 Don't Leave Me This Way (MFA Degree Show), Kunstlerhaus Bethanien, Berlin
- 2012 MFA Degree Show, The Glue Factory, Glasgow
- 2011 Portable Featherweight Museum, Oksasenkatu Gallery, Gallery Rajatile & Catalyst Arts, Helsinki, Tampere & Belfast
- 2011 Sterile Environment, Catalyst Arts, Belfast
- 2010 Mainland, E:vent, London
- 2011 Cork Art Trail: National Interest, venues throughout the city, Cork
- 2011 The Mutual Market, Vault Art Fair, The Briggait, Glasgow
- 2011 Autonomous Objects, Generator Projects, Dundee
Web links - gallery/work/projects