My work is concerned with ideas of immersion, entrapment and sanctity as the means of instigating calm, desire and sensuality within poetically designed space. I am interested incorporating tactile and material based approaches for the construction of poetic spatial and immersive experiences.
My sculptural practice is informed by architectural theory, mental spaces, the architecture of traps, ruins and notions of the derelict and the deserted and recently by the church architecture of the curved stone churches and troglodyte caves of Cappadocia.
I am currently interested in ideas related to the subtraction - removal of physical space and material as the means of discovering new poetics and dynamics within our current built environment.
Current and forthcoming events
- June 2013: P A R A D I S O, India buildings, Edinburgh (more info)
Qualifications and training
- 2011 MFA - Sculpture, Edinburgh College of Art, Edinburgh
- 2012 Act.2 Retreat, Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop, Edinburgh (more info)
- 2012 NEW HAVEN act.1 Spolia, Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop, Edinburgh (more info)
- 2012 New Haven act.1 Spolia, Bill Scott Sculpture center, Edinburgh
- 2012 The Making of It, The Old Ambulance Depot, Edinburgh
- 2011 Augustus Veinoglou on the Cappadocia Residency, Univeristy of Edinburgh at MArch Design Unit of Cristina Gonzalez-Longo, Edinburgh
- 2011 Sculpting Cappadocia, SSE space, London
- 2011 Babayan Culture House, Babayan Culture House, Babayan, Cappadocia/ Turkey
- 2012 Founded Snehta Residency, Snehta Residency, Athens
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2012 Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop bursary Award Winner, Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop, Edinburgh