As a painter, I am captivated by the unique qualities of a medium still capable of inviting both audience and artists to explore its limits. My practice is a discovery into abstraction, surface and colour.
My current body of work explores the similarities of painting and the transitional period of change between day and night, reflecting wider perspectives of the boundaries between known and unknown. In contemporary society where we have more answers to questions than ever before, painting still provides an avenue to the unknown, as James Elkins states, it is one of the few '...remaining paths into the deliriously beautiful world of unnamed substances.'
Qualifications and training
- 2012 BA Fine Art, Norwich University College of the Arts, Norwich University College of the Arts
- 2013 Art Alive, The Assembly House, Norwich (more info)
- 2013 Expanse, Lincoln Performing Arts Centre, Lincoln (more info)
- 2012 Nottingham Annual Open 2012, Nottingham Castle Art Gallery and Museum, Nottingham
- 2012 The Bishop's Art Prize, Norwich Cathedral, Norwich Cathedral Hostry
- 2011 Flying Colours: Fascinating Forms, Assembly House, Norwich
- 2011 Young Norwich Contemporaries, St.Margaret's Church, Norwich
- 2011 The Norwich Contemporaries, Pine Gallery, Hastings
- 2012 NUCA Degree Show, NUCA, Norwich (more info)
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2012 Principal's Commendation Award, NUCA Degree Show, Norwich