My practice spans the disciplines of writing, publishing, installation, and film. My work examines the parameters of sense-making and explores means to induce lapses in ordinary consciousness. My research begins from my interests in the limits of thinking, alternative cosmologies, crossed genres, the desire to exit culture, and the loss or transformation of individual subjectivity.
My current film works originate in spaces where knowledge is made public through speech. I use the limitations of live writing as a method for receiving ideas and evolving research outputs, capturing material that is unfixed and transmitted only in momentary expression. The resulting texts produce displacements in which the imagination can go to work.
At the centre of my enquiry is the possibility of enjoyment in language and its capacity to create presence through the speed of its transmission.
- 2012 Masters: MA Fine Art & MA Print Making, Ruskin Gallery, Cambridge
- 2012 MFA Final Show, Ruskin Gallery, Cambridge
- 2012 Associates Take Over, Aid & Abet, Cambridge
- 2012 Outpost Open: Film, Outpost, Norwich
- 2012 Momentarily Lost, Holbeck Underground Ballrooms, Leeds
- 2012 Rejected, A-Side B-Side Gallery, London
- 2012 Mouchoirs Consortium Solo Show, Front Room Gallery, Cambridge
- 2012 Hunt & Darton Cafe, Hunt & Darton Cafe, Cambridge
- 2012 Searle Award Exhibition, Ruskin Gallery, Cambridge
- 2011 Niche, Changing Spaces, Cambridge