Benjamin Owens work explores performance, disconnection and reflection through the traversal and potential performance of objects and spaces.
Owens practice combines a broad evolving mix of still photography, moving image, performance, actions and improvised music. Within these hybrid pieces he investigates appropriation, production values and the subsequent impact of different mode's of display.
- 2012 This means something, this is important, The Parlour Rooms, Bristol
- 2012 Chekhov's Gun, g39, Cardiff
- 2012 Soundworks, ICA, London
- 2011 Bathspa Fine Art Masters Exhibition, Sion Hill Bathspa University, Bath
- 2011 ¿AreWeNotDrawnOnwardToNewEra?, g39, Cardiff
- 2011 Ongoingon - MFA Group show, Dartmouth Avenue, Bathspa University, Bath
- 2012 Looking across to space - The Collect, Chapter Arts, Cardiff
- 2012 Rhythms of Time-Sharing presents, KIOSKcollective and The Collect, Bristol/London/Philadelphia
- 2011 Uber Song for artist Yvonne Bucheim, Chapter Arts Centre, Cardiff
- 2011 Experimentica 1.1, Chapter Arts Centre, Cardiff
- 2007 Sick Serena and Dregs and Wreck and Wreck by Emily Wardill, Picture this, Bristol
- 2007 Last Dance by Anthony Shapland, Buffalo bar, Cardiff
- 2007 Dawn Chorus by Marcus Coates, Picture this, Bristol