There is an interest to create from the acts of learning, observation and contemplation on the subjects of the perception of nature, the inquisition of existence and the connection between things.
The process of making, allows me to channel particular thoughts, ideas and connections through layering and assemblage, enabling me to comprehend the universe and it's objects.
Within my work I am interested in photography as an act of preserving light captured from a specific time and place. Whilst having my own reasons for making, I like to remove the idea of nostalgia or memory from the images that I use in order to convey a neutral aspect, which allows them to be subjectively reinterpreted by the viewer.
Overall I work with small scale images, this requires a specific action by the viewer to see the images close up, therefore removing the distractions around them and creating an intimate moment between the image and the viewer.
Qualifications and training
- 2012 MA Contemporary Curating, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester
- 2011 BA (Hons) Fine Art, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester, UK
- 2013 Tunnels, Tunnels, Leeds
- 2012 Look to the Sky, The National Glass Centre, Sunderland
- 2011 The Big Bang, The Art Lounge, New Mills
- 2011 Dystopia | Nature, Dry Bar, Manchester
- 2011 Acid Hive Bar Crawl, Deaf Institute, Manchester
- 2010 Acid Hive Web Launch, Deaf Institute, Manchester
- 2011 Degree Show, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester
- 2012 inside, BLANKSPACE, Manchester, UK
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2012 Arts Council Funding for 'Inside', BlankSpace, Manchester
Web links - gallery/work/projects