I am an interdisciplinary maker working predominantly with performance, sculpture, installation and print.
Using a variety of props and materials I devise ‘scenes’ to examine my relationship to certain objects, texts and spaces. Exploring specific locations, libraries and archives I then enact/present my findings playing with memory, materiality and desire.
Conversation and cross-disciplinary exchange are crucial elements in my process of making and I collaborate with groups/individuals across diverse fields of art and science to produce new works for public art contexts, museums and galleries nationally and internationally.
Qualifications and training
- 1992 MA Theatre Studies (History/Design) & English Literature, University of Glasgow, Scotland
- 2011 Sessional Lecturer:First Year Fine Art Studio Practice, University of Worcester, West Midlands
- 2008 AHRC Research Project Assistant, Live Art Archives, Theatre Collection, University of Bristol
- 2011 Unfurl, University of Bristol Theatre Collection, Tudor Red Lodge Museum
- 2009 Pleats & Folds, installation, Galleri SOFT, Oslo, Norway
- 2013 Salad Dressing, Ed Rusha Books & Co, Gagosian Gallery, New York
- 2012 In Praise of Shadows, commission, Maggs beneath the Covers, Maggs Bros. Mayfair, London
- 2012 Tact Series: Orange, Rhod 2012, Carmarthenshire, Wales
- 2012 You can lead a horse to water..., Arnolfini, Bristol
- 2012 Act I, After Alison Knowles, One Night Stand: Performance, Spike Island, Bristol
- 2011 Unfurl - Inaugural Artist in Residence, Theatre Collection, University of Bristol, Bristol
- 2011 Laura Ashley Foundation Residency Award, Aberystwyth Arts Centre, Aberystwyth, Wales
- 2010 Nine Trades of Dundee, textile & tailoring trade, Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design, Dundee
- 2012 'GROUP SHOW', performance re-enactment society, Performing Documents, Re-make Symposium, Arnolfini, Bristol
- 2011 Salad Dressing: A Cover of Crackers, performance and bookwork, Arnolfini, Bristol
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2013 Re:view Bursary Award, a-n, UK
- 2012 TPSW/Spike Associates, Research Bursary Award, Turning Point South West & Spike Island, Bristol & South West
- 2013 Games of Resonance: Soul Partition, with Emma Cocker, Revolve:R Bookwork
- 2012 Games of Resonance: Soul Partition, with Emma Cocker in 'Papers, Fictions, Scripts & Circles' by COPY, bookwork