I am excited by, how as an artist I am able to experiment with creating visualisations of my secrets without ever making them explicitly public. I am interested in human behaviour. Specifically, I am drawn to the rituals, tensions and absurdity that occurs between the two sexes. This forms the base for the process I enter when using, manipulating and creating artwork.
I am a collector of images. My collection is formed from images I have found in many different places; cities I have lived in/visited, on the street, cafés and bars. Visiting flea markets in cities in Europe has boosted my collection and culminated in a barrage of eclectic imagery and old photographs. Much of the source materials I use are aged and worn. They are then reconfigured/altered in an attempt to create new narratives, contexts and realities.
- 2013 I Think We Should See Other People, The Norman Rea Gallery, York (more info)
- 2012 Have A Collapse, Untitled Gallery, Manchester (more info)
- 2011 Collected Drawings, Bank Street Arts, Sheffield, UK
- 2012 Gal.li.mau.fry, Motorcade/Flashparade, Bristol
- 2011 No1, Pop Up Gallery, Brighton
- 2011 Do It Together, Forum, Sheffield
- 2011 Innate Projects, Queens Square, West Bromich
- 2011 Collages, We Are Open Gallery, Middlesbrough, UK
- 2011 Prism 8, The Orchard Centre, Sheffield, UK
- 2010 Collected Drawings, Bank Street Arts, Sheffield
- 2005 Re:gen, Redinile, Sunderland