My work is poised between the visible and invisible, resonating with the marginal spaces of the feminine, connecting with the viewer beyond symbolic language. It is about the recollection of elusive and ethereal memories drawing from my own experience of loss and self-negation; the desire to be hidden and yet to be seen.
Making works in various medium, using drawing as my primary tool I make works that are pared down, barely there, spare and austere. I choose to allow the accidental and experimental a place in the process and final outcome of the finished work.Fragmentary, fragile and enigmatic my current work speaks of obsolescence.
Qualifications and training
- 2008 MA Drawing, Norwich University College of the Arts, Norwich
- 2011 Horsebridge Arts Centre, Whitstable, Kent
- 2007 The Cut, Halesworth, Suffolk
- 2006 Aldeburgh Art Gallery, Aldeburgh, Suffolk
- 2006 Pinmill Gallery, Pinmill, Suffolk
- 2004 Aldeburgh Art Gallery, Aldeburgh, Suffolk
- 2009 Great British Art Debate, Norwich Castle Museum, Norwich, Norfolk