With its origins in clothing and memory and a musical ballerina box kept since childhood, my work reveals a preoccupation with the hidden and the ephemeral in a personal dialogue between self and place.
Rooted in the responses of visionary nature artists and also the writings of Bachelard and Karl Jung, my images are inspired by the remnants of inhabited spaces which act as a portal to childhood imagination and memory.
Seeking tangiability in the illusionary quality of memory, I strive to find quiet psychological territory and an inner sense of questioning and perception; a desire to still the blur and find meaning in a re-enchanted space.
Current and forthcoming events
- June 2013: Wirral Open Studios, Various- see website for details., Wirral (more info)
- 2013 Open Studios, Wirral, Wirral
- 2013 monochramatic exhibition in verge, Glasgow artists studios, Glasgow
- 2012 A Postcard to Emily touring exhibition, Dept. regeneration and culture, Bradford libraries, Keighly
- 2011 'Herstory', The Link Gallery, Winchester
- 2010 'Archive 'Group, Theater Clywdd, Chester
- 2010 Recollection, Chapel gallery, St. Helens Road, Ormskirk, Liverpool
- 2008 MA Graduate show, Kingsway, University of Chester, Chester