Interventions in the institutionalised everyday.
By investigating educational, corporate and public settings, I critically engage withissues rooted in the institutional context. I keep looking beyond the veneer of how we manouver to expose and reference behaviour, routines and decision making.
My practice reflects on mechanisms that underlie the institutionalised everyday. Authority, discipline and hierarchies that are embedded throughout; linguistically constituted and collectively recognised. Both, having lived in a socialist system and worked in corporate environments makes me particularly aware and responsive to those patterns.
Working across media and functional spaces my site-related interventions and performative sculptures come inseparably with a layer of humour.
Qualifications and training
- 2008 BA Fine Art, First Class Honours, Central Saint Martin College, UAL, London
- 2007 In-Between, The Window Gallery, London
- 2013 SCORE, Catalyst Arts, Belfast, Linenhall Arts Centre
- 2012 Seeing in the Dark, Fletcher Centre, Rye (Sussex)
- 2012 Orchestrated, ACAVA Studio One at Cato Hall, London
- 2010 Deptford X Exhibition, Core Gallery, London
- 2009 Siteshow 4 exhibition, Little Venice, London
- 2009 NEXT Art Fair, The Bunker Gallery, Chicago, US
- 2008 BA Fine Art Show, Central Saint Martins College, London
- 2012 ALAS Autumn 2012 Residency, Matt Roberts Arts, London
- 2012 Micro-residency, Redbridge Drama Teaching Centre, London
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2012 Zeitgeist Open 2012, Bond House Project Space, ASC, London
- 2011 Salon Art Prize exhibition, Matt Roberts Arts, London
- 2013 Portuguese Park [art] magazine www.parkmagazine.org