The body and its relationship to the space that surrounds it inspire my sculpture. Absence and Presence are recurrent themes within my work as these sculptures are the physical depiction of the negative space around the figure. I have recently used resin to make sculptures of stiletto shoes that include an impression of the wearer's feet. Using Adobe Illustrator I have developed images that have been laser cut from Perspex to create a large installation describing the events of a 'Girls Night Out'. This piece is a comment on the current binge drinking culture. I have also used the solid substantial physicality of bronze and the light delicacy of plaster bandage to describe the negative space around the exquisite curves of the figure.
The piece 'Prayer' received 'Highly Commended' in the Bishop's Prize 2010 at Norwich University College of the Arts. The theme for the prize was 'Seasons of the Spirit'. The devout of many religions kneel to pray to their God. I cast the knees of ten people from different religions. These fragile plaster casts, kneeling in a circle on the floor are spaced apart as if still occupied. Together they kneel in prayer, each to their own God.
- 2012 Stray artists @ Artcell, Artcell Gallery at Cancer Research UK, Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way, Cambridge.
- 2012 'Tides In', Aldeburgh Gallery, High Street, Aldeburgh, Suffolk
- 2012 'Stray', The Redchurch Street Gallery, London
- 2012 Fairytales, i2 Art Gallery, Saffron Walden, Essex.
- 2011 Cambridge Open Studios, Williams Art, Gwydir Street, Cambridge.
- 2011 Elements: Material Worlds, Norfolk Contemporary Art Society, The Forum, Norwich.
- 2011 Summer Exhibition, i2 Art Gallery, Saffron Walden, Essex
- 2011 New Blood, Cambridge Arts Movement, Williams Art, Gwydir Street, Cambridge.
- 2010 MA Final Exhibition, Norwich University College of the Arts, Norwich
- 2012 Sue Law, Changing Spaces, Sussex Street, Cambridge.
Educational experience - tertiary
- 2010 MA Fine Art, Norwich University College of the Arts, Norwich