Dr. Megan Smith is a new media artist with a PhD in Contemporary Art and Graphic Design from Leeds Metropolitan University. Her research probes new systems for delivering syndicated data through narrative structure and she often works with geo-location, digital print, video, installation, and community projects as methods for storytelling. Upcoming 2013 shows include ‘Electronical Conversations’, La Panacée, Montpellier, France (June) and Electric Fields, Ottawa, Canada (September).
She is Creative Director of Ottawa’s Nuit Blanche, a Contemporary Art event which hosted over a hundred different artists and was attended by approximately 30 000 smiling people in its inaugural year, in 2012. She is the Critical Resident Blogger for Artengine & Apt613 where she is currently writing about creative practice that exists within the hybrid space between art, technology and science. Smith is based in Ottawa, Canada and teaches at the University of Ottawa.
- 2012 ArtWiki member, 7th Berlin Biennale,, Berlin
- 2010 Unleashed Devices, Watermans, London
- 2010 Twitter/Art+Social Media, Diane Farris Gallery, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- 2009 Amsterdam Biennale - Leeds Pavillion, Mediamatic, Amsterdam
- 2008 Ours: Democracy in the Age of Branding, Parsons The New School for Design, New York
- 2008 REBRANDING ACTS TINA B. - The Prague Contemporary Art Festival, Prague
- 2008 The Mirror Stage - NeMe International Video Art Exhibition, Lanitis Foundation, Cyprus
- 2008 The Sandwich Box, Institute of Contemporary Art Overgaden, Copenhagen
- 2008 New Life Berlin - The Sandwich Box, Berlin
- 2008 Departure Lounge, East Street Arts, Leeds
- 2012 Nuit Blanche Ottawa, ByWard Market, Hintonburg and Outer Place Zones, Ottawa