My work is a constant enquiry, an incomplete sentence, a phrase articulated through materiality, object and space. It is quiet work, a vocabulary of cast offs, objects, liquids and processes, at times unstable, prone to decay, but familiar to us all.
With influences ranging from Eva Hesse's organic minimalism to Watteau’s scenes of frivolous beauty tinged with wistful sadness, my work is often unashamedly poetic. Peering into the unspoken corners of our condition, I traverse a landscape shifting beneath us as the domestic enclave is infiltrated by a digitally connected world, where the ambiguity and at times falsity of relationships, truth and love reveal a vulnerable and fragile context.
At the core of my practice I suppose I wish to open a dialogue with myself, the space, the viewer – where others will take that conversation is for them to decide.
- 2012 ZAP Open 2012, Zeitgeist Arts, London
- 2012 SurfaceII, St Pancreas Crypt, London
- 2012 Modern Madonnas, St Georges Arts, Esher
- 2012 Alchemy, Urmson-Burnett Gallery, Salisbury, Salisbury
- 2011 The Title Art Prize, Blank Collective, Manchester
- 2011 Dark, Coexist Galleries, Southend
- 2011 Wunderland, tactileBOSCH, Cardiff
- 2010 Crash Open, Charlie Dutton Gallery, London
- 2010 Invasion of Privacy, Notfamousyet, Oxford
- 2010 The House of Fairy Tales, Salisbury Arts Centre, Salisbury
- 2009 Visual for Arts & Business, London, London
- 2008 Bristol Contemporary Open, Paintworks, Bristol
- 2008 Walking the Wire, Salisbury Arts Centre, Salisbury
- 2012 Reside, Reside Residency, Online
- 1993 Artist in residence, Bemis Foundation for Contemporary Art, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
- 2008 Words For Art, Salisbury District Hospital, Salisbury
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2008 R&D Grant, Arts Council England, UK
- 2008 Gift Award, Juliet Gomperts Trust, London