Basically, I stick things together, and make some stuff- which I often assemble into other things.
Ive watched a lot of telly, read some books, both text books and novels, seen films, been places. There are many archetypes employed in my works. The work like myself is reactionary, I am very much interested in our experience both mediated and real.
My roots are Diasporic. Myself, I was South African Born, my family histories- like a lot of families are tales of deterritorialization, migration, displacement and assimilation.
The work references anthropological history, media and consumer culture, I reflect and inflect histories, real or otherwise.
- 2009 Boffo Deluxe, Mission Gallery, Swansea
- 2011 Fazebuk, Weltraum, Munich
- 2010 Smokescreen, Gallery Weltrum, Munich
- 2006 Toffee Armistice, Lemon Sky Projects, Miami, Florida
- 2006 Oriel Mostyn Open, Oriel Mostyn, Llandudno, Wales
- 2004 Bloomberg New Contemporaries, Bloomberg, Liverpool Biennial
- 2010 Smokescreen, Micro production residency part of Collaboration, Weltraum- Munich- Germany
- 2007 We Have Net Curtains, residency exhibition, Maria Kapel, Hoorn, the Netherlands
- 2002 Those Animals- micro residency and exhibition, Gallery 1646, The Hague- The Netherlands