I have an interdisciplinary approach to art practice that includes projection, audio, moving image and 2D media.Recent projects include music production and large-scale projection.
My work with architectural projection evolved from a stint of guerrilla advertising such as the infamous projection of Gail Porter onto the Houses of Parliament.
This large-scale projection was developed with a commission for the Turin Biennale. I was comissioned to project images onto landmark buildings in the city. The images derive from medical equipment at the Royal College of Surgeons in London. I chose this imagery to display human frailty and present it on a maximum scale.
This was followed with an Audio/Visual installation for the ICA ,commissioned for the Playtime film festival. The resulting video projection had a performance aspect where filmed images are mixed to to an edited audio soundtrack.
Recently, I have been working with The Light Surgeons, an established multimedia collective.Projects have included audio production for 'LDN24' at The Museum of London and music production and performance for 'True Fictions', a live audio/visual performance.(New York/London IMAX/Hong Kong/Belfast/Madrid/Brighton/Milan/Big Chill Festival/
Other creatives I have worked with are Scanone,Nic Clear, Rut Blees Luxembourg, Jason Rinaldi, Christian Soukias, Deepvisual,Insight Lighting and Field.
If you are interested in developing a project/exhibition or purchasing work please contact me via e-mail or phone.
- 2008 Flogging Live Horses, Spitalfields Shoreditch, London
- 2005 From a slap to a gun, ICA, London
- 2000 BIG TORINO - Turin Biennale, Turin Architecture, Turin
- 2012 Home Office of The Fan Fiction Empire, The Residence Gallery, London (more info)
- 2012 Home Office of the Fan Fiction Empire, Residence Gallery, London
- 2011 Print Show, http://www.lebensongallery.com, Paris
- 2010 Melt Exhibition, Mile End Art Pavilion, London
- 2009 Sense worldwide, Sense Loft Gallery, 68-70 Wardour St.London.W1F0TB
- 2007 Climate of Change - Curator - Mark Hammond, 235-241 Union St, London
- 2004 Hype Gallery, Truman Brewery, Brick Lane London
- 1994 David John Mooney, Waterman's Art Gallery, London
- 1992 True Stories, ICA, London
- 2010 Illumini - 'Advent', The Crypt, St Pancras Church, London Euston Rd/ Duke's Rd, NW1 2BA
- 2006 AVTV, Dreambagsandjaguarshoes, London (more info)
- 2012 Blinc Festival - Syntax, Conwy Castle, Conwy (more info)
- 2012 Looking Sound, The Finsbury, London (more info)
- 2009 The Light Surgeons - True Fictions, Microwave Festival, Hong Kong
- 2009 blipvert - audio visual performance, Sound Expo, Leeds
- 2008 True Fictions -The Light Surgeons, BFI, London IMAX
- 2008 The Light Surgeons - True Fictions, Performance Spaces, New York/Manchester/Milan/Madrid/Big Chill/London IMAX/Brighton/Belfast/Hong Kong/Sao Paulo/Hackney Film Festival
- 2010 Islington Exhibits - Lighting workshops, St.Luke's Community Centre, London
- 2012 SYNTAX, Blinc Festival, Conwy.Wales
- 2010 LDN24- The Light Surgeons -Music/Sound Design, Museum of London, London
- 2009 Shelmazeltov - Music/Sound Design, Jewish Film Festival/ Vimeo Film Awards NY, London