After graduating in painting at Chelsea College of Art and Design I continued to paint full-time for some years exhibiting in group and solo shows in and around London. I later combined this with the teaching of art and running a banner making studio before moving to Cornwall in 1989.
Travel fuels my interest in the history and identity of different cultures. I carry a notebook and camera to record the social interaction at play and the feelings involved.
Back in my studio these significant memories, whether inspired by times away or rooted at home in Cornwall with its special sense of place and light, become central.
Participating in an international Residency in Southern Spain was a high point inspiring work which continues today. The scarred golden surface of an ancient wall stained with layerings of paint and fading graffiti, distinctive marks that people leave and echoes of the things that they do, are and believe in, are aspects which directly influence my work and ideas.
I work full-time as a painter and printmaker from my studio in St Ives, and am an active member of Porthmeor Printmakers group who manage the community based Print Workshop in St Ives.
- 2011 Recent Work, Cornwall Contemporary Attic Gallery, Penzance
- 2008 Viva Cuba, Printmakers Gallery, St Ives (painting and printmaking)
- 2006 September Show, Printmakers Gallery, St Ives (painting and printaking)
- 2004 September Festival Show, Printmakers Gallery, St Ives (painting and printmaking)
- 2002 September show, Porthmeor Print Workshop Gallery, St Ives
- 2001 Porthmeor Print Workshop Gallery, St Ives (paintings and monoprints)
- 2001 Monoprint show, Newlyn Orion, Newlyn
- 2001 Print Makers Gallery, St. Ives (paintings)
- 2000 September show, Porthmeor Print Workshop Gallery, St Ives
- 2011 print, the exchange, Penzance
- 2011 easter show, Stoneman Graphics, Penzance
- 2010 christmas show, Stoneman Graphics, Penzance
- 2009 ongoing, uys gallery, st ives
- 2009 mixed show, Belgrave Gallery, st ives
- 2006 Porthmeor Printmakers Show, Tate (Restaurant), St Ives
- 2004 Porthmeor, Belgrave Gallery, St Ives
- 2004 Cornish Colourists, Gallery 39, Swindon
- 2004 The Garden Painted, Vine St. Gallery, Devizes
- 2004 The Nude, Gallery 39, Swindon
- 2003 Sieze the Moment, The Printworks, Marazion
- 2003 Breaking the Wave, Vine Street Gallery, Devizes
- 2003 St Ives Painters, Belgrave Gallery, St. Ives
- 2003 Recurring exhibition, New Millennium Gallery, St. Ives
- 2003 Recurring exhibition, Contour Contemporary Galley, Newlyn
- 2002 St Ives Colourists Group Show, Vine St. Gallery, Devizes
- 2002 Print Show, Bad Cocks Gallery, Newlyn
- 2001 Affordable Art Fair, with Art West, London
- 2001 National Print Fair, Barbican Centre, London
- 2000 National Print Fair, Barbican Centre, London
- 2000 Recurring exhibition, Penwith Gallery, St. Ives
- 2000 Porthmeor Printmakers Group Show, Tate St. Ives, St. Ives
- 1999 Porthmeor Printmakers Group Show, Truro Law Courts, Truro
- 1998 Porthmeor Printmakers Group Show, Tate St. Ives, St. Ives
- 1998 Two Painters, Gt. Atlantic Map Works Gallery, St. Just