I so love light !
I make light to look at and enjoy... and to transform and refresh a space, architectural feature, 3D object or just as an experience in itself.
My work involves the creation and sequencing of light which changes colour, and of placing a singularity or multitude of changing colours within different forms to enliven, mesmerise and fascinate the observer.
Some of my work is contained with a framed light box, it all started in 2004/5 with my signature piece Chromawall which went on to take me around the world as it was the first Art Light to feature colour changing light.
Now I take private and corporate commissions as well as working with architects and other artists including Martin Richman. I also provide a bespoke design and manufacturing service for led lighting and the necessary electronic control systems and architectural fabrications.
I love the sense of timelessness that can be achieved when you are lost in the act of observing and discovering different combinations of colour. Some combinations produce moments of deliciousness where you are then left wanting more and you have to keep looking to see if they occur again.
From time to time I still manage to produce something new ! but of course I never know when that is going to happen, it's often a chemistry between me, something physical, something abstract and a catalyst from nowhere - do get in touch...
Music, movement, 60's design, texture, sensuality, the sky...
- 2004 Artworks of Light, Brighton Art Gallery (BAG), 7 Dials, Brighton
- 2004 Artworks of Light, Brighton Art Gallery, Brighton
- 2000 Photon 3, Worldwide Co, London W3
- 1999 Photon One, Riverside Studios, Hammersmith, London
- 1999 Photon 2, Oxo Tower Gallery, South Bank, London
- 1999 Artclub, Habitat Café, Kings Road, London
- 2007 Art 4 Babies, Jubilee Library, Brighton (more info)
- 2004 On The Wall, Earls Court, London
- 2004 Urban Interiors, Business Design Centre, Islington, London
- 2003 Artwave, Lewes, Sussex
- 2003 Spectrum, Commonwealth Institute, Kensington, London
- 2003 Urban Interiors, Commonwealth Institute, Kensington, London
- 2002 Ledicon, Mirage Vortex, Cont, Decorative Arts, Sotheby's, London,
- 2001 Chromawall, Bon Marche, Paris
- 2001 Chromawall, Pacific Design Centre, Westweek, Los Angeles, USA
- 2000 Mirage, Contemporary Decorative Arts, Sotheby's, London
- 1997 Tower of Jacks with Tom Dixon, Swindon-Brunel Car Park
- 1997 Synapse-Kun's World, Light Column, Fukuoka, Japan
- 1997 Into The Light, Water Ripple Floodlighting, Wolverhampton Art Gallery
- 2006 Legends, Legends Bar, Kemptown, Brighton, E. Sussex (more info)
- 2005 BlueStars, Deloitte Academy, Stonecutter Street, London. (more info)
- 2006 Multiplicity, Sevenoaks Kaleidoscope Library, Sevenoaks, UK. (more info)
- 2006 Sparkle Boxes, Allerdale Borough Council, Winter Lightworks Festival, Workington, Cumbria. (more info)
- 2005 Light Garden, Moving On Arts, Willis Newson, Bristol., Fromeside Hospital, Bristol. (more info)
- 2005 Elley Dee, Inspire Arts, Cramlington, Nr Newcastle (more info)
- 2008 Frames of Light, Mark Marengo Savile Row London, http://www.markmarengo.com/
- 2008 Tall Boy, David Linley, Belgravia, London.
- 2005 Daft Punk Table, Habitat, Habitat (more info)
- 2009 Illumination of Flow by Martin Richman., http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=flow+martin+richman&m=text, Dublin Docklands
- 2007 Haymarket Hotel Swimming Pool, Project with Martin Richman, Haymarket Hotel, London. (more info)
- 2005 Unicorn Children's Theatre, Unicorn Children's Theatre, London (more info)
- 2005 Royal London Hospital with Martin Richman, Royal London Hospital, London (more info)
- 2005 Many Parts - custom lighting, Collaboration with Martin Richman, Swiss Cottage, London. (more info)