My art has always related to personal faulty vision, but takes two forms. I am interested in the art/medical/scientific relationship connecting with macular deterioration and I approach this by using computer manipulation for both 2-D and 3-D conceptual work. The collaged and painted work is based on the distortion I perceive but is also 'time-based' using a layering technique to respond to archeological traces and marks within the landscape.
My work relates to deteriorating vision. Medical/technical combination using digital imagery, paintings and collaged pieces inspired by actual vision
BA Hons, Southampton University (1997).
Postgraduate courses include Digital Imagery at King Alfred's College, Winchester (1997-98); Super 8 Film-Making, Tower Arts Centre, Winchester; Inspiration - Leading Arts Projects with Young People (Pace Programme), Portsmouth University (June 2000).
Funded projects: 'Face it in Space on Canford Heath', youth project involving two youth groups from Poole, Dorset. Funded by Awards for All, January/February 2001. 'The Big Picture' project to design and install a 15ft x 45ft digital mural in Wickham Community Centre (Hants) (with 'Face It' Art Group). Funded by Southern Arts, completed June 2001.
- 2010 Th Dream Rocket, Earlkey Works Childrens Museum Huntsville, Arizona USA, Arizona USA
- 2009 International Fiber Collaboration (Tree Project), Permanent display at the Earlyworks Children's Museum, Huntsville AL USA
- 2008 International Fiber C0llaboration (W.R.A.P), Syracuse University, Syracuse, New Yaork State USA
- 2003 Hampshire Artists Open, Studio, Winchester
- 2002 Hampshire Artists 2000, Own Studio, Winchester
- 2009 Collective Exhibrtion, Camden Art Galley, Chalk Farm Road, Camden Town NW! 8AN
- 2008 Untitled artists' fair, Chelsea Old Town Hall, Kimgs Road, London
- 2006 Renewal (Women's Work Art Group), West End Centre, Aldershot, Hampshire
- 2005 Blind Art, RCA, London
- 2005 Open Exhibition, West End Gallery, Aldershot
- 2005 Earth Works, Mottisfont Abbey, Romsey, Hants
- 2004 Down to Earth, Sir Harold Hillier Pavilion, Braishfield, Romsey
- 2003 Test Valley, various, annual
- 2003 The Guildhall, Winchester
- 2002 Open Art Test Valley, Stockbridge Town Hall, Stockbridge, Hants
- 2001 200 Hampshire Artists, Badger Press, Bishops Waltham
- 2001 Wickham Big Picture, Wickham Community Centre, Hampshire, digital image 25 feet by 15 feet
- 2000 Flogging a Dead Horse, New College, Southampton University
- 2000 Beatrice Royal Gallery, Eastleigh, Hants
- 2000 Test Valley Festival, Romsey, Hants
- 2006 Living Art - Art and Language, Whitechapel Gallery, London (more info)