I specialise in the design and fabrication of site-specific artworks for public spaces. I collaborate with artists, architects, planners and engineers on projects within Urban Regeneration, Housing Renewal, Home Zones and in Healthcare settings.
All my work is site-specific. Design concepts and the choice of materials evolve through research, collaboration with project partners and consultation with stakeholders. My aim is to make artwork which is visually rich, contemporary and accessible, developed from a locally distinct concept and then integrated into each unique environment. I am interested in combining high quality, robust materials like architectural ceramic, stone, terazzo and steel.
Ensuring that projects are accessible through genuine engagement with project stakeholders is central to my work. I regularly work in schools, community centres and workplaces. I devise public events where people of all ages can contribute their views and ideas via creative arts projects. I have many years experience of working on Urban Regeneration Projects within multi-cultural communities.
Projects often involve me working within a multi-disciplinary project team. I value and enjoy the opportunity to work with professionals from design and construction on the development of new public spaces. I regularly work in partnership with local authority officers throughout the concept, design and implementation stages of a scheme.
Over the last 15 year I have worked on a wide range of projects. I have completed commissions for The British Council, The National Trust, Scarborough General Hospital, Kirklees, Bolton, Rochdale and Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Councils. Current clients include Withington Community Hospital, The Royal Armouries Museum and Crosby Homes.
- 2012 Boost, Thornhill Lees Library & Children's Centre, West Yorkshire
- 2011 Sea Change Design Team, Seafront Regeneration Scheme Fleetwood, Wyre BC
- 2010 Time Trail, Ordsall Hall, Salford
- 2009 The Circle Project, Kirklees MBC Library Service, Huddersfield
- 2008 Converse, Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds
- 2007 The Wall of Thanks, Genesis Breast Cancer Treatment Centre, Wythenshaw Hospital, Manchester
- 2006 A Breath of Fresh Air, The North West Lung Centre, Wythenshawe Hospital (more info)
- 2006 Dunoon Drive Home Zone, Oldham's Estate, Bolton (more info)
- 2005 Wardleworth Home Zone, Wardleworth Housing Renewal Area, Rochdale (more info)
- 2012 Design Team, Rossall Point Marine Observatory, Rossall Point, Fleetwood
- 2008 Lead Artist, Maine Road Regeneration Area, Manchester City Council, Moss Side, South Manchester