Michael Powell (1983) is an artist and writer born in England. He is currently very interested in and influenced by Norse God, Aztec and Celtic myths, Hermann Hesse, Jorge Luis Borges, Alan Watts, music, the natural world and the play, nonsense and flow of reality as it crashes against his everyday life.
He enjoys using his imagination to create stories and drawings of another world made up of mythic and hybrid creatures, images and objects. Inspired by nature and its different connections, movements and relations, in an attempt of interpreting and explaining the world around him.
- 2011 By Catching at the twigs that form between blis and me part two, Pensychnant Conservation Centre (Helfa Gelf), Conwy
- 2010 By Catching at the twigs that form between bliss and me part one, Emporium 37, Bristol
- 2012 RCA Open 2012, RCA, Conwy
- 2011 Helfa Gelf Open 2011, Galeri, Caernarfon
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2011 Arts Council Wales Personal Development Grant, Arts Council Wales, Conwy, North Wales