My main interest is in creating experiences that people can connect with and have a positive reaction to. I create interactive experiences that intersect human geography, place philosophy and performance art. I am currently exploring the human capacity for empathy as expressed through connection with location.
Recent site-specific works seek to engage 'local' people with particular real places.
In another strand of my work, I create immersive experiences that allow the audience to become fully involved in a world of my construction. The experiences are constructed to either attempt to engender empathy in the viewer or feel like an empathic experience.
Qualifications and training
- 2018 PhD, Cardiff Metropolitan University, Wales
- 2011 MA Design By Practice, University of Wales, Newport, Newport
- 1992 BA Fine Art (hons), Camberwell School of Art, London
- 2013 Polar Exploration, Attic Space as part of the Rapid Cycling series, Cardiff
- 2010 You Have Not Yet Reached Your Full Potential, Henry Thomas Gallery, Carmarthen
- 2013 Something of Place, Museum in the Park, Stroud
- 2012 Apophenia, St Martins Church, Cardiff
- 2012 Everyone Back To Mine/You Don't Know Me, Curated by Sara Annwyl, Cardiff
- 2011 Gravity (Ballet Cymru), Urban Space Gallery, Newport
- 2011 Gravity, Kings Street Gallery, Carmarthen
- 2010 Simplexity Applied, Centre Space, Bristol
- 2012 Collaborative Working - curated by Julia Thomas, Arcade Gallery, Cardiff
- 2010 Foucault's Concept of Heterotopia Applied to the Festival Tent, Einstein Garden, Greenman Festival
- 2002 Process of Developing 'Carry On', London College of Communication, London
- 2013 Milkfloat, Milkwood, Cardiff