I try to make images that resonate with some earlier activity, that hold a sense of absence, that catch things at the margins. My prints are built up from drawings or photographic images, sometimes worked into. I have recently used etching, photoetch and photoscreen/silkscreen.
I am seeking to use my printmaking as a way of registering daily experience, and an awareness of the multitude of separate consciousnesses constantly shifting through the town and the city. Images set at the periphery are a starting point for an exploration of many unknown individual narratives.
Printmaking is for me a way of seeing things more consciously and less casually, of indexing experience and controlling the chaos of incessant observation. I would like my prints to record the marginal and to merit the viewer wondering about them.
Qualifications and training
- 2011 MA Fine Art Printmaking, Cambridge College of Art, Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge
- 2009 Professional Printmaking Diploma, Regional Print Centre, Yale College, Wrexham
- 2012 Pam Newall Prints, Duckett and Jeffreys Gallery, 2 Old Maltongate, Malton, North Yorkshire
- 2011 Pam Newall Prints, The Shrewsbury Coffeehouse, Shrewsbury Shropshire UK
- 2013 Ritual & Obsessive Thought Exhibition, Jonathon Ross's Gallery 286, 286 Earl's Court Road, SW5 9AS London
- 2013 Print International 2013, Oriel Wrecsam, Rhosddu Road, Wrexham
- 2012 Past, Present, Future : 10 years of the Regional Print Centre, Oriel Wrecsam, Rhosddu Road, Wrexham
- 2012 Images of the City, printroom at home, 98 Highgate Hill, London
- 2012 neo:printprize 2012 Exhibition, neo:gallery22, The marketplace, Bolton
- 2012 BITE Artists Making Prints, Mall Galleries, London
- 2012 The Cork Street Open Exhibition (awarded printmaker prize), Gallery in Cork Street, 27 Cork Street, London W1
- 2012 Allotment Plot 9 Showcase Shropshire Artists and Makers, MAC Birmingham, Birmingham UK
- 2012 'The Printmaking Event 4' 2012 Leipzig International, Bund Bildender Kunstler Leipzig, Leipzig Germany
- 2011 BITE Artists Making Prints, Mall Galleries, London
- 2011 Selected for Wrexham Print International, Oriel Wrecsam (touring), Wrexham
- 2009 Selected for RWA Bristol Open Print, The Royal West of England Academy, Bristol
- 2009 Selected Exhibition Mini Print Internacional de Cadaqués 2009, Taller Galeria Fort, Spain