The concerns of my practice are broad ranging however there are themes that seem to persist within it such as restriction, manipulation and alteration. Recently I have become interested in issues of authorship and originality within the art business, creating 'experiments' around this area. Primarily working with photographic techniques I set out to investigate what it means to own an image. If an origianl piece of art goes through a proccess of transformation, who owns the outcome, the original artist or the transformer?
Whilst concept is important, tactility and beauty in art is also hugely important to me. I try to build a ballance that reflects this in my work.
Qualifications and training
- 2011 BA Hons Fine Art, LJMU, Liverpool
- 2011 Artist assistant, Terminal convention, Cork, Ireland
- 2011 Childs Play, Spring Bank Mill, Rochdale
- 2012 Feeling the Preasure, Rhyl Arts Centre, Rhyl
- 2011 Group Exhibition, 161, Liverpool
- 2011 LJMU Degree show, ADA, Liverpool