I am an artist researcher working with video installation and painting. I hold a practice-based doctorate in Fine Art, entitled Peeling the Body. My work uses my own body and experiences, interpreting them in terms of addressing the notions of posthuman and the implications for living Homo sapiens of today. Most recently this has been achieved through engagement with medical practice. I consider myself a painter who uses video installation as a tool. Many pieces are looped continuously, drawing in the viewer to recall our corporeality. I am a founder member of ArtSway, New Forest a gallery initiative that has nurtured a group of young artists, enabling them to show work at three Venice Biennales. I have exhibited widely including New Contemporaries 2004, with many solo shows. My work is in the New Hall College Cambridge Collection of Contemporary Women's Art, and has been used of itself as material for an academic paper Manifesting the Corporeal at conference, and as a chapter of a PhD thesis Vision in Residence, Yvonne Jones' Memory Three IN Corporeal feminism and the Representation of Women by Women.
- 2010 Yvonne Jones PhD Show, Winchester School of Art, Southampton University, Winchester
- 2011 Group Exhibition of work, The Rag Factory, off Brick Lane (ragfactory.org.uk), 16 Heneage Street, London, E1 5LJ
- 2007 MULTICHANNEL, ArtSway Gallery, New Forest
- 2005 Yvonne Jones and Helen Sears, Leeds Met Gallery, University of Leeds
- 2004 New Contemporaries 2004, Bloomberg, Liverpool Festival of Art; Barbican Centre London