My art practice is a device inviting the spectator to question and investigate our familiar fields of knowledge and imagination. The material of the everyday initiates my curiosity. I am interested in the capacity that art owns to take you from that space in that moment, to another space. I see my work as an idle observation of life like a doodle. Therefore, it is always in the making, constantly re-interpreting the fabric of reality.
I have used a large variety of mediums over the years, ranging from small drawings to large installations and live performances…More recently, simple replicas or re-modelled versions of existing objects - such as maps, texts, diagrams and charts, photos, manufactured objects of all kind - have been utilised to create incisive and intriguing moments. Humour is sometimes diffused in the work to elicit a feeling of complicity between the spectator and the piece. It is often found within the titles of the work. However, my art practice is not about playing with words but more about trying to document the art/life inherent correlation…
- 2013 Now That It's Over, Where Will It End?, ArcadeCardiff Unit17, Cardiff, Wales, UK.
- 2010 "I saw my destiny in the corner of my eyes", G39, Cardiff, UK.
- 2010 "Recent Work", Joanna Field Gallery, Milford Haven, UK.
- 2003 "EVER REVE", Diorama Arts Gallery, London, UK.
- 2001 "If You Go Down To The Woods Today", Mc Dowell Modern Art, London, UK.
- 1999 "Avant-Premiere", Castelfield Gallery, Manchester, UK.
- 2012 "Welsh Artist of the Year 2012", St David's Hall, Cardiff, UK
- 2011 "Portmanteau", Halle 14, Leipzig, Germany
- 2010 "The Last Days of the Empire", G39, Cardiff,UK
- 2010 "Tenure", tactileBosch, Cardiff, UK
- 2010 Wood/canvas/steel, tactileBosch, Cardiff
- 2009 "The Writing On The Wall", Artlink Gallery, Hull, UK.
- 2009 Memory & Imagination, Millenium Centre, Orielau Ty Crawshay Gallery, Cardiff & Pontypridd
- 2008 "Not on White Paper", Malt Cross Gallery, Nottingham, UK.
- 2007 "Mapping", Bury Art Gallery, Bury, UK.
- 2006 "Wilderness", The Lecht Gallery, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, UK.
- 2004 "The Art Of Words", Fairfield Art Centre, Basingstoke, UK.
- 2003 "Exhumed", Museum of Garden History & Danielle Arnaud Contemporary Art, London,UK.