I am an English born artist of Polish descent. My family settled here after the Second World War. I finished my Fine Art degree in 1997 at Surrey Institute of Art & Design, specialising in printmaking. I went on to do a Masters in Printmaking & Illustration in 2000 at (then) Bucks Chilterns University (now called Bucks New University), finishing in 2003. In 2004 I started a 2 year printmaking residency at South Hill Park Arts Centre in Bracknell. Since my residency I have worked as a gallery technician for South Hill Park, giving me the opportunity to work with different artists and gain an insight in the diverse practices within the contemporary visual arts.
As a printmaker I work in etching, engraving, relief printing (lino & wood) & mono-printing. My work is figurative & represents observations & fleeting glimpses of life around me. I wish my work to invoke a story personal to viewer. My recent paintings are of a more personal nature & depicting my young family in snapshots of childhood.
- 2005 Gallery Technician, South Hill Park, Ringmead, Bracknell, Berks.RG12 7PA (more info)
- 2007 untitled, The Maltings,, Farnham, Surrey.
- 2006 ‘Collective Nature’, South Hill Park, Ringmead, Bracknell, Berks. RG12 7PA
- 2005 Prints 2000-2005, Hilton Hotel, Ringmead, Bracknell, Berks. RG12 7PA
- 2005 ‘New Print Works’, Freud Bar/Gallery, Shaftesbury Avenue, London. WC2H 8JL
- 2005 ‘A Sense of Place’, South Hill Park, Ringmead, Bracknell, Berks.
- 2004 ‘Urban Narrative’, Lauderdale House, Highgate Hill, Waterlow Park, London. H6 5HG
- 2004 'Urban Narratives', Black Swan Arts, Bridge St., Frome, Somerset. BA11 1BB
- 2004 Urban Narratives, Stables Gallery, London
- 2011 first annual Rudolf Steiner School Contemporary Art Fair, RUDOLF STEINER SCHOOL, KINGS LANGLEY (more info)
- 2008 Landscape Returned and Reconsidered, South Hill Park, Ringmead, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 7PA
- 2007 Wrexham Print International Biennale 2007, Wrexham Arts Centre, Rhosddu Road, Wrexham. LL11 1AU
- 2007 ‘Originals 07’, The Mall Galleries,, The Mall, London. SW1
- 2004 ‘Islington Contemporary Art & Design Fair’, Candid Arts Trust,, Torrens St., London. EC1V 1NQ
- 2004 ‘Discerning Eye’, The Mall Galleries,, The Mall, London. SW1
- 2004 ‘Graduate Show’, Jelly Leg’d Chicken Art Centre, The Oracle, Reading. RG1 2AG
- 2003 ‘Society of Graphic Fine Arts 82nd Annual Open Exhibition’, Hotbath Gallery,, Hotbath St., Bath.
- 2003 ‘Fresh Art’, Business Design Centre, Islington, London N1
- 2005 Artist in Residence / Teacher, Alternative Education Northbrook Pru, Slough, Berkshire
- 2004 Printmaker in Residence, South Hill Park Arts Centre, Bracknell, Berkshire
Educational experience - tertiary
- 2000 Printmaking & Illustration, Bucks Chilterns University College, High Wycombe
- 1994 BA Fine Art, Surrey Institute of Art & Design, Farnham, Surrey
- 2005 East-West Artist Meeting (Plener), Gallery of Art Dwor Karwacjanow, Gorlice, Poland