I am a Glasgow based visual artist, who often makes site specific works using collage techniques and digital media. I recently undertook a year long Digital Media Residency at Callendar Park Falkirk, an SAC Partners residency for Falkirk Council. I worked for two years as a Part time Lecturer at Edinburgh College of Art in the Painting Department and then as Gallery Manager at Street Level Photoworks, Glasgow. I now work in a freelance capacity.
I originally trained in Painting at Edinburgh College of Art, then lived for a year in Budapest, on a British Council Scholarship. In 1997 I graduated from the MFA course at Glasgow School of Art, and since then I have exhibited regularly in Scotland and internationally. Most recent exhibitions are "Getting Up", Inverness; "Rough Cut Nation" at SNPG, and "Heavy Influence" at ESW during Edinburgh Art Festival, 2009. Other exhibitions include Feelin Jaggy at Generator Projects, Dundee; The Queen Is Dead, an installation at Chapter Gallery, Cardiff; Rack and Ruin at Low Salt Gallery, Glasgow; Dead Space at EmergeD VSF Gallery, Glasgow; We Interrupt This Programme . at The Waygood Gallery, Newcastle and The Changing Room, Stirling; Lets Panic Later at the Kunstlerhaus Dortmund, Germany; UK/NY New British Video at MOMA, New York.
My work has developed through photographic techniques, such as screen-printing and digital photography and in recent years I have generally worked with site-specific installation, often creating text based works, made from multiple digital images. I have also been making small digital images using collage techniques, small scale sculptures and small painting.
Recent involvements have included an SAC pARTners Residency at Callendar House, Callendar Park, Falkirk; a Fusion Commission for the Neonatal department of the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary and Artlink; a Stills Gallery Residency in 2000/01; a residency at Yorkhill Hospital For Sick Kids; a short residency for South Lanarkshire Arts Development at Chatelherault Country Park and an Open Season residency at Generator Projects, Dundee.
- 2010 Streetland, Glasgow (more info)
- 2009 Getting Up - Windows in the City, Inverness old Town Art Project, Inverness
Qualifications and training
- 1997 Master of Fine Art Degree, Glasgow School of Art, Glasgow
- 1989 BA Hons Painting (1st Class), Edinburgh College of Art, Edinburgh
- 2011 Fools Gold, The Briggait Project Spaces, Glasgow
- 2008 Garlands, Park Gallery, Callendar Park, Falkirk, Falkirk (more info)
- 2006 Feelin' Jaggy, Generator Projects, Dundee
- 2006 The Queen Is Dead, Chapter Gallery, Assembly Project Space, Cardiff
- 2010 Stories, Wolverhampton Art Gallery, Lichfield Street, Wolverhampton WV1 1DU
- 2010 HALLelujah 2, Flat Show, 212 West Princes St, Glasgow G4 9DL
- 2010 Strawberry Fields, Welcome Home, 19 Keith Street, Glasgow G11 6QQ
- 2009 Heavy Influence, Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop, Edinburgh (more info)
- 2009 Rough Cut Nation, Scottish National Portrait Gallery, Edinburgh (more info)
- 2008 Garlands, Park Gallery, Callendar Park, Falkirk, FK1 1YR
- 2008 Meddle with the Devil, The Park Gallery, Callender Park, Falkirk FK1 1YR
- 2007 MAGAZINE 2007, Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop and Newhaven area, Edinburgh (more info)
- 2007 The (deviant) Art Festival, Konsthallen, Trollhattan, Sweden (more info)
- 2007 ASSOCIATES, The Embassy Gallery, Edinburgh. (more info)
- 2007 The Consequence, Intermedia Gallery @ CCA (Centre For Contemporary Art), Glasgow (more info)
- 2006 Redwire Open, selected group show, Redwire Gallery, Redwire Artists Studio, Liverpool
- 2006 Rack and Ruin, Low Salt Gallery, Glasgow
- 2007 The Consequence Video Screenings, Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop, Edinburgh (more info)
- 2007 The Consequence Video Screenings, Low Salt Gallery, Glasgow (more info)
- 2008 Meddle with the Devil, Park Gallery, Callendar Park, Falkirk, Falkirk (more info)
- 2007 One year Digital Media Residency for Falkirk Council, Callendar House, Callendar Park, Falkirk
- 2007 Shining Cliff Residency, MyHouse Projects, Ambergate, Derbyshire (more info)
- 2006 Open Season Residency and Exhibition, Generator Projects, Dundee
- 2009 Getting Up - Windows in the City, A variety of empty shop fronts, Inverness., Inverness (more info)