The concepts in my work are a reflection of my understanding of the world I live in, nature and man made, the coexisting of the two in a constant state of motion and evolution. All things in life are connected and when events trigger change we work with it to see where it takes us. Nothing stays the same everything, everyone, all of life evolves. I try to make the material and processes in my work give form to this activity. Each object reflects significant points within my creative journey and life experience.
I like to explore the material elements and take aesthetic influences from environments I have found myself in. I have explored the use of materials from the area such as their clays or natural minerals. In Ecuador for instance I researched and used the volcanic deposits within the clay and glaze gaining unique effects.
I am interested in how the creative process, new findings through research and life experiences can influence work and can enhance or even create ideas.
CV & Education
Degree shows 2010
- Merge/Diverge, Masters show, Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Merge Diverge, Masters show, Aberystwyth Art Centre,
- Intro Exhibition, Cardiff Design Week, Morgans Arcade,
- International Invitational Residency, Shaw International Center for Ceramics, Medalta, Medicine Hat, Canada
- Research and Work Development project, Cuenco Studios, Ecuador
Emerging makers Award 2013
Visiting Artist 2013 - Archie Bray Centre for Ceramics, Montana USA,