As an artist educator I'm interested in creating opportunities or processes that are slowed down long enough for participants to notice thoughts or memories that might otherwise go unnoticed or become edited out.
For me, it's the process of each investigation that becomes the work... an engagement, a tour, a collaborative writing project. Any outcome in a gallery space is something that complements the original work, an independently created form of documentation maybe. An exchange at a car boot sale is represented as a portable museum; a mediated tour round an art space is shown after the fact, as an annotated floor plan.
I am not driven towards focusing on one individual narrative - more the power of a collection of contributions.
I have been a qualified teacher since 1989 and teach part time within special education.
CV & Education
- 2013 - The Royal Standard at Sluice Art Fair
- 2011 - Memory B(l)anks, Axis Arts Centre, Crewe
- 2009 - End Of Year, ADA Gallery, Liverpool John Moores
- 2009 - Long Night, Royal Standard Studios, Liverpool
- 2010 - Catching the Fleeting (Mediated Tour Series), Renew Rooms, Liverpool Biennial
- 2008 - Backbitternbanana, Liverpool John Moores University, Metropolitan Cathedral Plaza
- 2013 - Beastly So and So, curatorial project
- 2013 - Post 52, personal online project
- 2012 - Folktale Project, personal project
- 2008 - 2013 Creative workshops with various schools across Merseyside in collaboration with 'Curious Minds', a bridge organistaion for the arts. (Details upon request)
Qualifications and training
- 2009 - MA Artist Teacher, with distinction, John Moores University, Liverpool
- 1999 - PGCE Art and Design, Institute of Education, London
- 1994 - BA Graphic Design, London College of Printing, London